Textual Problems and Fabrications
by Barrett Wolf
There is general agreement among nearly all biblical scholars that these passages were added after the original autographs. The reasons and motivations for each addition is the subject of a more thorough discussion. But if you need to validate this, just look up the following verses in a King James Bible (KJV), then in a New International Bible (NIV).
This is just a short list: more later…
- Matt 6:13 “for Thine is the Kingdom…Amen” ADDED LATER
- Matt 17:21 “but this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.” ADDED LATER
- Mark 9:44, 46, 48 (3X repeat of “where the worm does not die and the fire is not quenched”) PROBLEM
- Mark 16:9-20+ motivated by personal agenda? ADDED LATER
- Luke Census and Joseph goes to Bethlehem? Was there really a census?
- Luke 22:42-43, motivated by personal agenda to confirm His humanity…sweating blood in the garden. ADDED LATER
- John 7:53-8:11 Women caught in adultery. He who is guilty, cast the first stone… ADDED LATER
- Acts 8:37. Missing verse: “And Philip said…I believe that…Son of God.”
- 1 Corinthians 14:34-35. Paul’s instructions for women to be silent seems inserted and out of place. ADDED LATER
- 1 John 5:8 Comma Johanneum motivated by personal agenda to support the Trinity. ADDED LATER
- Authorship issues throughout the Bible from Moses to John and nearly every book and author in between. More on this later.