Problems with Noah’s Ark and the Great Flood
by Barrett Wolf
God was sorry he made man? He grieved? He wanted to “blot them out”? Did God need to kill everyone (except 8) and all animals (except 7 or 2 of each kind)? Why not send His son to suffer and die for the sins of this terrible world? I have a problem with this on multiple levels.
- All animals, really? Over 1M types. Polar bears? Penguins? Marsupials/Kangaroos? How did the get there and get back to where they came from?
- How did the water life survive? Salt water and fresh water mixed. Or amphibian creatures that depend on land/air/water.
- Other? Insects? Vegetation would have all died. What did the herbivores eat after they exited the ark? It would have taken a year for vegetation to grow back so the herbivores could eat.
- 15 cubits above the highest mountain (even Mt. Everest?) Rising to 29k feet (Mt Everest) can they survive that atmosphere? Oxygen levels and freezing temperature?
- Volume of the flood water: 4.5 Billion cubic km above existing sea level, 3.5 times more than present quantity of water (current water quantity is 1.38 B cub km. So, at the time of the flood there was 5.88B cub km of water on the earth. Where did the 4.5B cub km of water go when it reseeded?
- Worldwide genocide? It’s unacceptable! Genesis 6:6-7 Why was God sorry He made man and why did he need to “Blot out” all creatures from the face of the earth? And “all” didn’t mean “all”, because some were saved.
- How did Noah know what clean animals were? Gen. 7:2
- How long did it take to load the ark? On ramp? Genesis 7:13 “On the very same day…” possibly 12 pairs of animals per second (if within 24 hours)